Who am I, and where this Blog is headed

 Tuan Truong - First-Time Blogger

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!
This is my first ever blog and I am unsure as to where I want to go with it, and how I want it to turn out. However I do see a few things I would like to highlight, and many of them will consist of things I have done this summer, as well as things I would like to do! 

Moving onto myself, I am Tuan Truong, a Vietnamese student here at SDSU. I am entering my third here year as a Biology major and am excited to finally start taking classes that I care about. Things that will progress me as a biologist as well as setting myself up for future aspirations. 
I want to be an optometrist, my path as a biologist should help pave the way for optometry school, so here I am walking in footsteps someone else left for me!
I find myself lost at times at school, not knowing what to do but I am confident in what comes next!

I was born in Chico, California, City of Trees. Growing up I didn't care too much about the fact that everywhere I looked there were trees. Changing with the seasons and such, it was definitely a thing I took for granted. 
Bidwell park is massive. Named after one of the founding figures of Chico, John and Annie Bidwell, it is broken into two halves. Lower Bidwell park which is accessible to most people of the city, and Upper Park, which is filled with swimming holes and hikes.
Chico has a lot to offer, just in the city we have a huge park with so much to offer.
One of the most beautiful areas in my opinion is lower Bidwell park's One Mile Swimming pool. A natural swimming pool with water being fed to it by Big Chico Creek, one of the flowing bodies of water in the city.

Attached right here is a picture of it in Winter. Definitely not the ideal time to be swimming here due to cold water temperatures as well as the multitude of leaves present in the water. However, people do participate in this thing called the Polar Bear Plunge. An annual tradition done on the first day of the year, thousands of Chicoans jump in the pool and swim across. A freezing feat, its a marvel to see so many people swimming across the massive natural pool.
This is a little, I suppose, blog that someone has made highlighting their experience which is nice! 

Moving to San Diego after living in Chico for so long made me really take everything for granted in Chico. I am not a big fan of swimming at the massive beaches and miss the secluded swimming holes available here. Furthermore, the lack of trees in and around SDSU really feels like a shame. I've grown very very tired of seeing the same old palm trees all over San Diego and am thankful for summer break taking me back home to Chico.

Now, more about the blog. 
I want this blog to be simple, I am not here to create the world's most beautiful blog, the most thoughtful blog, I don't want to change your opinion on a blog. 
I want to share what I have done this summer, what I will do, and what I enjoy doing. 
Simply put, I am going to highlight a few things in the coming blogs, my Tahoe and San Jose trip with family and friends respectively, my disc golfing adventure, as well as a mystery blog because I can't think that far into the future. 

To wrap it up I just wanted to talk about what I did recently. This past weekend I have been keeping up with a disc golf tournament and have been watching with friends.
This is a link to the final front 9 holes of a tourney. Sadly my favorite player didn't crack the upper brackets to participate in the final round, but it's still great to watch people huck plastic further than I can imagine.


That is it for this week, the next week will talk about what I had done just last week, which will be fun!

Comments