Final Posting

     Hello everybody and welcome back to the final blog in this short series that we have here! I don't have anything in mind, like a specific topic that I to talk about or anything, and I just want to talk about what I want to do moving forward. 

    The upcoming semester should be a tough one, I am a biology major and am just starting to get into my major classes, which I hope aren't too tough since I have a pretty stacked semester lined up. I am going to be working as a lab assistant for Gerardo Perez, which I thought was going to be a lot harder than it was, but the training that he put me through was on par with what I had already done in high school.

   - Pipetting 

   - Making Media

   - Streaking

    Moving on, I won't have as much time to myself, which will suck since there are things that I have developed enjoyment for this summer which requires a lot of time off. With my tight schedule and such I don't think I will be able to envelop myself in my hobbies as much. A few, as some of you may know already, is disc golf. It takes a lot of time out of the day just to play it when you are free, however, in San Diego it takes even longer. The premier course I play at, Morley Field, is located at Balboa park, and is really nice. The kicker is that it is the nicest course within like 50 miles. So EVERYBODY plays there, and the holes are always backed up so you have to wait for other people which sucks a lot. 

    



    Another thing I have been doing is playing games. Can't always be outside during the summer or hanging out with friends. Recently I have been playing a lot of League of Legends (add me if you like, Zentresty), which is fun enough but it can be quick to burn out of. As such I wanted to get into more chill games that just let me sit down and turn my brain off for a while. Enter, Divinity 2 Original Sin. It is pretty much DND, the game, and it's great, however getting a group of friends together for it is pretty daunting since the game's pacing is slow, but it is fun!

    Next up on things to talk about, I finally found a place to stay in San Diego for the school year, and I am apprehensive about it. I live in the sole upstair bedroom in a Vietnamese household. I myself am Vietnamese, but my speaking isn't as clean as my parents, however I am hoping I can hold my own. It is definitely weird to share a household with another family, but I hope I can just keep to myself and not bother them, it was a real chore finding an affordable place to live. The housing market in San Diego is really killer, and is just absolutely horrible to find a place that doesn't burn a hole in your wallet. 

    I really don't have much that I want to talk about anymore, so I am gonna send it off on a short note. I am Tuan Truong, going into my junior year in college and am a Biology major. I like playing games and hiking if I have time. If you ever want to do something or wanna play games etc, you can just email me and we can hit it off or so.  ttruong7114@sdsu.edu

Good luck with the rest of the semester

Comments

  1. I can say that I am looking forward to the upcoming semester but I am a little nervous. I agree that I will not be having the same amount of free time as I did in the summer. I am Speech Pathology major and I will be going into my upper division classes which I am excited about. I know this will mean a lot of work but I think it is important to have some free time because it will allow you to take your mind off stressful stuff. I have never heard of disc golf before but it sounds interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same situation as you. As a biology major, we know the tough consequences of choosing such a rigorous major. This upcoming semester will be insanely busy and difficult, and I hope that I will be able to manage my time effectively and balance school and extracurricular activities. But it sounds like you have been enjoying your summer to the fullest. Definitely playing video games for me is a fun way to take a break from work and life and just chill with the homies and have a little fun. I personally love playing story-based games like RDR2 and The Last of Us. I'm still holding out on GTA 6, and will probably have to wait until 2050 until that game comes out :(
    But it was nice hearing about your life experiences and your goals for the upcoming future and I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Tuan! I enjoyed reading your post and found it authentic. I enjoyed how you were open about the fact that you did not have much to talk about, I believe it led to a great read. I definitely hear you as far as a tough semester ahead goes. I have a lot of fear surrounding not having a ton of personal time again too. Wishing you the best of luck with your degree and lab assisting! Also, hope you can find time to fit in disc golf over the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tuan, I really appreciated the post, it's refreshing to hear someone talk through where they are in life and have it feel relatable. I'm also starting to get into internships and work for my major and while the idea was seriously daunting, the work always seems to be pretty basic. Your living situation this year sounds really interesting too, I'm sure there will be some aspects of living with a family that are odd but I bet you'll get some nice meals out of it and the idea of having easy access to parental wisdom seems nice! I was struggling for housing last year and basically had to start in January to find my living situation this year so I felt your pain when you said the the housing market is messed up right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I gotta check out Divinity 2! My housemates and I have been talking about getting into DnD so that might be a good way to get started.

      Delete

Post a Comment